Wednesday, April 1, 2015

U-TURN TO A FORGIVING GOD

The usual pathetic LIE of the enemy when we've done wrong things is to convince us to hide ourselves and get away from God because His love might "somehow decreased" and the enemy is telling us that God will "think about" if He'll forgive us.

But the TRUTH is God wants us to draw closer to Him when we've reached the end of the line. The way is not to jump off the edge of the cliff and totally die spiritually BUT to take a u-turn TOWARDS HIM. The TRUTH is God wants us to be truly sorry for our sins and receive His forgiveness and grace so that we may honor Him and live a life worthy of Him. "The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love." (Psalm 145:8)

So go ahead and repent before Him. Don't turn away from Him. He is waiting for you still with open arms telling you that He is a Forgiver. And rest assured when you confess your sins to Him, He is faithful and just, and will forgive you of your sins and purify you from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).
 
And what's more? God is willing to help you genuinely live for Him by the power of the Holy Spirit and by His grace all for His glory.

God is not angry with you. He longs to be the Lord and Savior of your life, your Almighty God, your Father, your Best Friend and your Perfect Lover.




Prayer:
Father God, I thank You for the gift of forgiveness and second chance.
Thank You that despite of all I've done, You're still offering me grace and eternal life through Jesus Christ. I am sorry for all my sins. Now, if ever I fail, I will not get away from You but I will draw closer to You. Thank You for dying for me at the cross so that I'll be forgiven. Help me by Your grace and by the power of Your Holy Spirit to genuinely and lovingly live for You. You are worthy, God, of my life. And I receive You, Jesus Christ, as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for adopting me as Your child. Thank You for loving me and accepting me with open arms. This I pray in the Mighty Name of Jesus', amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment